Re: Canonicalising suites

On 13777 March 1977, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> .../sources_in_suite/$suite
>> /all_sources
> I think what I can't do without is a query which given a package name
> tells me: 1. is this package in NEW; 2. is this package in a suite
> other than NEW.

Not with the above two, but luckily Ansgar is also working on the api.
The madison part may be for you to ask for single packages, except that
it currently only returns stupid plain text. Would be good if Ansgar
could enhance that with optional json output.

Current output of a package which is in the archive AND in NEW looks like:

ceph       | 0.80.7-1~bpo70+1 | wheezy-backports | source, amd64, armel, armhf, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390x
ceph       | 0.80.7-1         | testing          | source, amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, ppc64el, s390x
ceph       | 0.80.7-1         | unstable         | source, amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, ppc64el, s390x, sparc
ceph       | 0.87-1           | new              | source, amd64

So then you can have all sources we know, all sources belonging to suite
$suite and information in which suite a given package is, which includes
all kinds of policy queues (like NEW is one). (see dakweb/madison.py for
information on how you can modify the stuff it looks for).

Does that look better?

--
bye, Joerg
> 20. What would you do if you wanted to retire from the project?
Remove the passphrase from the (secret) gpg key and post it to
debian-devel. The keyring maintainers will lock the account ASAP.