Re: packages.d.o: changelogs and ftp-master.metadata.d.o

On 13198 March 1977, Simon Paillard wrote:

> --> On dak side, is it possible to extract metadata for binary packages, under
> $src/$binary_pkg/$version/changelog ?

Should be.

> Questions now:
> * transparent proxy, permanent or permanent redirect, should
>   ftp-master.metadata appear to user ?

apache, permanent redirect, should be best.

> * maybe fit metadata url scheme to the one used previously by packages.d.o ?
>   (see url difference below ?) It will ease update of programs that used to
>   download changelogs from PDO.

Don't see why?

> (Non working ATM) packages.d.o URL
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/v/vim/vim_7.3.547-7/changelog
> ftp-master URL
> http://ftp-master.metadata.debian.org/changelogs//main/v/vim/vim_7.3.547-7_changelog

> --> On dak side, is it possible to fit to the historical URL scheme ? (Please
> coordinate for the change)

We could, but what do we gain?  pdo can get a apache redirect (I look
into that later), then users don't care.  Tools should use the
filelist.yaml we provide to find files (and as such links) for their
usage / if they want to verify they are there before setting a link.

> HTML format
> ===========
> Packages.d.o used to provide html-ised changelogs, with anchors to specific
> versions, based on libparse-debianchangelog-perl.
> As keeping packages.d.o generating the html would not be very logical, some
> python code will need to be written for that.

Thats on todo for us already, yes. Should appear additionally besides
the existing files.
If someone else wants to look, in dak.git its dak/make_changelog.py

--
bye, Joerg
* libpng2 no libpng3 no why ? because no yes no yes no yes bullshit no yes