Re: RFC: users of NMU detection code in dak?

Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com> writes:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 10:11:01PM +0000, James Troup wrote:
>> > Currently dak has code to a) detect NMUs and b) uploads to
>> > experimental and change how it closes bugs accordingly. This code
>> > has been obsoleted by the introduction of version tracking in the
>> > Debian BTS.
>>
>> Well, apparantly this isn't entirely true, or at least, opinions differ.
>> Steve Langasek stated last night that "it was discussed that bugs fixed
>> in NMUs should be version-closed *and* tagged fixed".
>
> Yeah; this was my opinion on the matter when it was initially
> discussed. I still think that some tag which can be used to identify
> bugs which have been closed in a non-maintainer upload is useful; I
> could fairly easily transition away from the fixed tag to a
> fixed-in-nmu tag or something similar if a return to the original
> meaning of fixed is desired.

I think it would be nice to have a way to search for bugs that had
been closed and reappeared. E.g. a bug is closed in NMU but not
acknoweldged in the maintainer upload. For the BTS this would be a bug
closed in some branch that doesn't include the current version.

Call that "fixed in <ver>,<ver>" if you like.

MfG
        Goswin