Re: Custom debian-installer files with simple-cdd?

Thanks, I haven't dound that to work for me.  What did work was using the default Debian installer to build an image first, then removing "tmp/mirror/dists/etch/main/installer-i386" and copying over the newly built one in it's place.

Sincerely,
Trey

On 10/7/07, vagrant@freegeek.org <vagrant@freegeek.org > wrote:
On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 03:56:38AM -0500, Trey Tabner wrote:
> Hello, I am wondering if you have any details on using a custom
> debian-installer build with simple-cdd?  I couldn't find much
> out from the wiki online at wiki.debian.net .

please ask on the debian-custom list, so that others can benefit from the
conversation and answer questions.

basically, put your debian-installer build in some directory, with one
directory for each architecture, and point the custom_installer variable
to that directory ....

i.e. if you were building a custom debian-installer for i386...

echo custom_installer=/full/path/to/custom/installer/dir >> \
/path/to/some/config/file

where /full/path/to/custom/installer/dir/i386 contains the
custom debian-installer files.

build-simple-cdd --conf /path/to/some/config/file

which is basically about the same as what it says on the wiki page.

that's all i know- i haven't used the feature in years.

live well,
  vagrant