Re: Proposal for a new CDD project: Debian4Linux

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 03:37:57PM +0100, Luis Matos wrote:
> Stephen Frazier escreveu:
> >I don't see what this project might do that shouldn't be a part of
> >standard Debian.
> >Doesn't everyone want Debian to be easy to use and easy to configure.
> >
> >Debian already works very well for business. Yes, I could be better,
> >but everything you are suggesting would help the individual with 3 or
> >4 computer in his home or the business with 20 desktops and 5 servers.
> >
> what about the people with 20 desktops and 1 server?
>
> or 6 desktops and 1 server?
>
> or both???
>
> this should be easy to configure with one server or n servers

Why isn't it? Could you give a specific problematic scenario?

Is there any specific change you have in mind?

One thing I find badly lacking, though don't have the time to fix: a
basic network setup interface a novice admin could use, as editing
/etc/network/interface and issueing /etc/init.d/networking restart is
too error prone for a non-experinced user.

However such a modification, should it have been written, should be part
of Debian.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir@jabber.org