Re: [NEWS] New debpartial-mirror release

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
>> This release is based on the python-cdd library[1], which is an
>
> Ahh, it's the first time I notice python-cdd.  Would you mind
> adding some more details to the long description of the package?
> The web site you are pointing to is not much more verbose than
> the long description.

It can do more or less the same of APT to resolve dependencies and
handle package indexes. But you can avoid to deal with APT itself
since it's more complicated and has some specific needs like some
directories and like.

There's a widly window for improvement but it's already a good start.

All is documented in pydoc format so install it and do:

pydoc cdd

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116