Re: cdd-cdtool to build iso images

    Sergio> [1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>] El Mon, Jun
    Sergio> 07, 2004 at 03:23:30PM -0300, Otavio Salvador va escriure:

    >> make more >> easy the construct of an iso image for some
    >> CDD. This application will >> be called cdd-cdtool.

    st> This explanation is a little bit confusing; is this tool going
    st> to be used to build live-cds or installation cds? I mean, what
    st> is a CD iso?  Do you have a design document or some code ready
    st> to look at?
    >> To be used, for first time, to build installation cds.

    Sergio>   Have you talked with the Skolelinux/Debian-Edu people?

    Sergio>   In this report from Joey Hess he says they are working
    Sergio> on making pickaxe support building d-i CDs:

    Sergio>
    Sergio> http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2004/06/msg00041.html

    Sergio>   I feel that the d-i CDs and the Custom Debian
    Sergio> Distributions should use the same technology, in fact a
    Sergio> CDD installer can be a modified d-i first CD (as the
    Sergio> Skolelinux people do) or a d-i that only includes the CDD
    Sergio> packages (base + CDD Tasks + Dependencies).

Yes, I  strongly support  the  idea of working   on the  d-i, possibly
adding it pieces from other installers, as pickaxe.

IMHO the new d-i has a really good design and it's completely modular,
which is a  bless  for  CDD. I  just finished   to develop   a  custom
installable  ISO  for  AGNULA/DeMuDi based on  the  d-i,  and it works
pretty well.

People on  debian-boot are doing a great   job, if you  have new ideas
please just join them and try to work directly inside the d-i.

bye,

free