Re: cdd-cdtool to build iso images

 || On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:08:12 +0200
 || Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org> wrote:

	st> El Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 03:23:30PM -0300, Otavio Salvador va escriure:

	st> This explanation is a little bit confusing; is this tool going to be
	st> used to build live-cds or installation cds? I mean, what is a CD iso?
	st> Do you have a design document or some code ready to look at?

	>> To be used, for first time, to build installation cds.

	st>   Have you talked with the Skolelinux/Debian-Edu people?

        Some.

	st>   In this report from Joey Hess he says they are working on making
	st>   pickaxe support building d-i CDs:

	st>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2004/06/msg00041.html

        I know.

	st>   I feel that the d-i CDs and the Custom Debian Distributions should use
	st>   the same technology, in fact a CDD installer can be a modified d-i
	st>   first CD (as the Skolelinux people do) or a d-i that only includes the
	st>   CDD packages (base + CDD Tasks + Dependencies).

        Yes. I already did it. We are using some previous version of
        it to build the debian-np iso.

        []s

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R