Re: is jablicator obsolete?

NOTE: I don't know if you are subscribed to the list and you don't have a
Mail-Followup-To header, that's why I'm replying to both addresses.

El Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 11:30:28AM -0800, Jeff Breidenbach va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote/maintain the jablicator package. My question is, has
> jabilicator's capability (roughly: turn whatever is on this machine
> into a subdistribution by pushing a few buttons) available from the
> CDD packages?  If so, I will request removal of jablicator from sarge
> and sid.

  No, is is not available, anyway it is an interesting tool, I'll look at it
  and see if we can include it's functionality into the proposed cdd-tool.

  The CDD model we all have is a little bit different because the idea is to
  build multiple tasks with configuration data and your tool is more like a
  clonning system, isn't it?

  Anyway I see an interesting application for your system... use it to
  generate an extra *task* for an installation of one or more CDDs that
  includes all the packages that have been installed by hand by the user.

  See that if you use it a system without any CDD installed it would act as
  your actual system.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69