Re: CDD Tool Proposal

El Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 08:35:13PM -0500, Matthew P McGuire va escriure:
> >     http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?CDDTool
> Hi Sergio,
>
> Those are some really nice plans for a tool. You also summed up a great
> deal of the recent dialog on the list. Well done! From the wiki I
> noticed that most of the functionality for cdd-tool is similar in nature
> to the functionality in apt. Would it be reasonable to make this tool
> part of that apt suite and use the existing apt code to accomplish the
> task? In the end I imagine a tool titled apt-cdd that would use the same
> arguments as you have described in wiki. What do you think?

  Well, the plan is to use apt when needed (through the apt_pkg Python
  module), but it will use other systems also (debian-installer, debian-cd,
  ...) and I don't believe that the tool belong to apt as it is planned now
  and the name of the tool is not important right now.

  Anyway, we will see how things evolve, the fist thing is having something
  that works, later we can change the name or split funcitionality if needed.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69