Re: PTS: Binary packages not listed

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:44:37AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> || On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:19:26 +0200 (CEST)
> || Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
>
> at> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> >> Policy says the Binary: header should list all packages that _could_ be
> >> build (but not necessarily are, for example, the xfree86 source package
> >> lists xserver-xfree86, but it isn't build on s390). So, you should make
> >> the clean target to put in debian/control the union of packages that
> >> are build across all archs with this meta-package, and then all is fine.
> at> The problem is that the cdd-dev framework provides a common template for
> at> a control file which might lead to completely different binary target
> at> packages (for instance: med-bio, med-imaging, med-tools, ...  for Debian-Med
> at> but jr-toys, jr-art, ... etc for Debian-Junior).  So it is either impossible
> at> to insert the Binaries in advance or we have to find a completely different
> at> way to build these meta packages which would reduce the flexibility we
> at> wanted to gain.
>
> Is not possible build the control  file in configure target, before the build?

That won't help, since a source package should on rebuild not be
functionally different, I don't see why it isn't possible to do stuff in
the clean target that can already be done later on.

I didn't yet look at cdd-dev though... maybe I should. Prod me about it
some other day, and I will.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar