Re: Raw script of Valencia talk

El Wed, May 05, 2004 at 01:24:59PM +0200, Cosimo Alfarano escribió:
> On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 09:15:39AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > This topic has to be discussed in fact.  For the moment enforce people
> > to get the needed translations into Sarge. (I guess the non-free firmware /
> > docuentation issue will give us some time until release ;-) or
> > rather :-(( - but I do not spend my time in following these threads ...)
>
> I'd like to point the attention even on the after-sarge release.
> Will be it possible the integration of the CDD concept in a deeper way
> into Debian?
>
> - Packages pools are growing up day after day, it has been discussed
> several times.
> Too much ISOs, too much packages.
> - New installer is pointing the attention to non-power-users base, easing
> up it all.
>
> A view of Debian as a multi puropuse Distro, using che CDD concept,
> would be worthable
>
> Anyone is working on/thingking about it yet?

  Well, yes, my idea (and the idea of at least some others that came to
  Malaga) is that we can see Debian as a big pool and what we need is a
  standard way to build custom distributions for different pourposes.

  This can also end up providing different views of the whole
  Distributions and change the way the releases are done (i.e. release
  the CDD core-debian and using that core do releases of different
  CDDs independently).

  Anyway, I prefer to have a good system to generate CDDs with
  the current system and think later about that.

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69