Re: Debian release versioning

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 04:13:52AM +0200, s. keeling wrote:
> Cool!  Anyone want to do the full wave signature from Linus' original
> release to now?  We can analyze that, apply some filtering on it, then
> divine a baseline wavelet we can apply to any software project's
> release history.  I knew those years I wasted processing seismic data
                                                           ^^^^^^^
> would come in handy someday.
>
> On the other hand, hmmm.  I notice no spikes in the data above.  :-| I
> think we want spikes in this area.  Versioning is too coarse a
> dataset.  We'll have to slurp changelogs instead.

the effect on the user should also be taken into account.
consider the recent ssl incident. may be the biggest quake[*] in debians
history.

[*] no comparison with real earthquakes intended.

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
offering: programming, training and administration   -  anywhere in the world