Re: Automatic retrieval of information from qa.debian.org

Lupe Christoph, lundi 8 octobre 2007, 15:00:11 CEST

> On Monday, 2007-10-08 at 14:34:41 +0200, Michelle Konzack
> wrote:

  Congratulations for your PhD!

> > But I do not know, how to combinate it with a "Dipl. Ing."
> > which would be something like "Madame Dr. Dipl. Ing.
> > Konzack" wich sounds a little bit weird...
>
> Ask the Austrians. Especially people from Vienna. They know
> all the subtileties with titles.

  In “german Switzerland” (Deutschschweiz) too. I once saw an
envelope with “Herr Doktor Professor Direktor…” (with first name
unabridged to initials, it would have been improper). That was
a long envelope ;o)

>[…]
> My experience with Viennes tells me that Dr. Dipl. Ing. is
> correct. It serves to distuingish an earned title from an
> honorary doctor.

  I thought that titles should be ordered by “importance”
(easiest to get/most common first). Isn’t a PhD longer than an
Ingenior diploma?
  (FWIW, Google finds 84700 "Dr. Dipl. Ing." vs. 712000 "Dipl.
Ing. Dr.".)

--
 Sylvain Sauvage