Re: Automatic retrieval of information from qa.debian.org

On Monday, 2007-10-08 at 14:34:41 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> But I do not know, how to combinate it with a "Dipl. Ing." which
> would be something like "Madame Dr. Dipl. Ing. Konzack" wich sounds
> a little bit weird...

Ask the Austrians. Especially people from Vienna. They know all the
subtileties with titles.

A friend of mine is professor at the Technical university of Berlin. His
wife has a doctor. Their relatives (lived in Vienna) were another
professor and his wife (no title).

In the restaurant near their shared house in Austria, the wife of the
Viennese professor was addressed as "Frau Professor", being the wife of
one. The wife of my friend was "Frau Doctor" because she has her own
doctor title...

My experience with Viennes tells me that Dr. Dipl. Ing. is correct. It
serves to distuingish an earned title from an honorary doctor.

HTH,
Dipl. Chem. Lupe Christoph
--
| The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed    |
| (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an       |