[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Automatic retrieval of information from qa.debian.org

Martin Bähr wrote (Tue 2007-Oct-09 01:59:59 +0200):

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 02:34:41PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > But I do not know, how to combinate it with a "Dipl. Ing." which
> > would be something like "Madame Dr. Dipl. Ing. Konzack" wich sounds
> > a little bit weird...
> you might use Dr. Ing. to indicate your field.
> (with 2,850,000 google hits this seems to be quite common) 

You can't simply make up a "Dr. Ing.", at least not in Germany.
If someone has been awarded the academic degree of a "Doktor",
the degree is related to a specific field of research. For
computer scientists, "natural sciences" (Dr. rer. nat.) and
"engineering science" (Dr.-Ing.) are common. "Dr." is used as
an abbreviation for any Doktor degree.

Cheers, Marcus

   Marcus C. Gottwald  ·  http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~gottwald/

Reply to: