Re: (C) vs ©

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 06:53:54AM +0200, Martin Bähr wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:15:32PM -0600, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> > > And what if you have an old-fashioned typewriter. It's all very well
> > > saying "you must use the copyright symbol", but what if your
> > > golfball/daisywheel/lineprinter doesn't have it? Or like me, it isn't on
> > > my keyboard, and I haven't learnt how to make my keyboard produce a
> > > copyright symbol?
> > Just get a Unicode typewriter. The keyboard is a little bigger, but you'll
> > get used to it.
>
> here is an idea how it might look like:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/absurdistan/340737421/

That's not a Unicode typewriter, that's a Chinese typewriter. To have a
Unicode typewriter, you'd also need to be able to write Japanese (in
Kanji, Katakana *and* Hiragana), Korean, Arab, Latin, Hebrew, various
Cyrillic scripts, and Klingon. To name but a few scripts.

Yeah, it'll be "a little" bigger. I don't think I'd want to build it,
though.

(side note: I once saw a picture of a Japanese Kanji keyboard one some
website, but I've lost the link. That was way more impressive than your
Chinese typewriter -- a 1.5m x 1.5m tableau or some such, IIRC...)

--
Shaw's Principle:
	Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will