Re: testing d-i Release Candidate 1 and more release adjustments

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 10:57:52PM +1100, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 10:46:32PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> > 2) The term "meat" used to refer to food in general as opposed to
> > specifically animal flesh, a usage which survives in the name
> > "mincemeat" for the entirely vegetable-based filling in mince pies. So
> > you can eat any old stuff, and then have some pudding. Or just eat
> > some mince pies and do both in one.
>
> And here I thought the mince in mince pies was minced fruit rather
> than fruited mince.

Erm, not quite.

Mincemeat traditionally is meat, and is still made that way in the dark
'here be dragons' parts of the North of England (and I think in .au or
.nz too)

Recently, it's more likely made with suet, or even more common,
vegetarian suet.

Neil
--
* Maulkin cries
<Maulkin> NB: rm -rf /chroots/sarge while /home is mounted at