Re: Yay MCSE! [was: ]

Ce jour Sun, 01 Aug 2004, Jeroen van Wolffelaar a dit:

> On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 10:23:42AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > I would have thought that with that long list of certifications, *he'd* be
> > the expert.  <shock>  Could this mean that certifications aren't the
> > ultimate way to improve your knowledge?  Holy worthless piece of paper,
> > Batman!
>
> !

WTH?! that question made no sense whatsoever.... i have a bit over 2
years of mostly self-taught linux and *i* know if you don't want
anything else listening on ports other than 445 you *don't run anything
else on the freaking server*. sheesh.

> I guess those certifications are for drawing nice graphs with all kinds
> of colors for management, well, he *did* pass for that exam.
> (Anybody an idea what 'cloud' means here? I guess the walls are
> firewalls, but the cloud?)

eyup. i suspect it refers to the 'net...

> He also doesn't seem to have his FTP server on gigabit... It took 3
> minutes to download the image here. This might be faster:
> http://www.wolffelaar.nl/~jeroen/Network.jpg
> And also serving an image from FTP... *sigh*.

14 k/s d/l here, and my d/l is 300+ k/s...

egads, FTP. i guess those certs he has didn't teach him about secure
protocols...