Re: Yay MCSE! [was: ]

This one time, at band camp, Jeroen van Wolffelaar said:
> On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 10:23:42AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > I would have thought that with that long list of certifications, *he'd* be
> > the expert.  <shock>  Could this mean that certifications aren't the
> > ultimate way to improve your knowledge?  Holy worthless piece of paper,
> > Batman!
>
> !
>
> I guess those certifications are for drawing nice graphs with all kinds
> of colors for management, well, he *did* pass for that exam.
> (Anybody an idea what 'cloud' means here? I guess the walls are
> firewalls, but the cloud?)

I think clouds are the internet, usually; it's so fluffy and nice :)
Not that I've looked at the picture - he just needs to realize there's
a manpage for iptables :)

> He also doesn't seem to have his FTP server on gigabit... It took 3
> minutes to download the image here. This might be faster:
> http://www.wolffelaar.nl/~jeroen/Network.jpg
> And also serving an image from FTP... *sigh*.

Ah, now I see.  It's good that he has failover (fallover?) walls.

|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |