Re: H/W upgrade for lists ? (was: Re: Cum Hungry Chick creampie videos ready to dnolwoad)

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 01:08:02PM +1000, Matthew Palmer scribbled:
> On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 04:14:28AM +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:
> > How about not using spamassassin instead?
> > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/ - a much faster and accurate
> > tool...
>
> And, naturally, you have hard numbers to back up your claim, for situations
> analogous to the Debian mailing lists.  Because it would be terrible to make
> sweeping statements like that with no evidence.
You see, I _would_ have numbers if DSPAM ran on the d.o lists. I don't feel
like subscribing to all of them personally and testing that myself. But, as
unsupported my statement might be, yours is the same - you haven't tested it
either. So, the solution would be to actually give it a try (and yes, I'd
love to take part in configuring it for a test on l.d.o, but I doubt I would
get access to the lists config, so that point is moot) and see how bad/good
it works for debian. It doesn't even have to run on l.d.o itself, the mail
could be reflected to a relatively idle machine to do the testing.

regards,

marek