Re: Unhappy customer

vasudeva wrote:

For the record, I've never found Debian hard to install, even when I
didn't know much about Linux.  I see people say the installer sucks
everywhere I look, but it was fairly intuitive for me.  I was
evening installing over the net using a PC card, and had no real
problems.  Sure, I had the odd install go haywire on me every now
and then, but out of probably 25 Debian installs, this only happened
two or three times.

I agree. My windows programmer boss installed Debian with almost zero help from me (he needed a broadcom driver which wasn't on the CD). Sure the installer isn't "pretty", but has anyone ever pointed at a particular page and said "that makes no sense"?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"