Re: Unhappy customer

David Moreno Garza wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:18:16 +1200, criggie <criggie@criggie.dyndns.org>
wrote:

Dear Sir

We[1] are dreadfully sorry to hear about your experience with our
product.  We do hope that your experiences with Debian CDs have not
hurt you or your hand.

Just remember that life is about learning, and you've had many
learning opportunities thanks to the variety of Linux distributions. And you've raised the average IQ of both Debian and Redhat users.[2]

I'm not sure if this is a correct way to handle a complain like that. We
could guide him, and not have fun of him.

Regards

[Taking -boot out of thread since it's an Off-Topic to them]

I must say that I have installed 5 or 6 Debian systems.  I
am a Ph.D. Computer Scientist, with 30 or so years of programming
experience, and more if you count the time I spent in the
1960s haunting the computer rooms of Washington University
in St. Louis trying to learn how to teach PDP8s to do
computer graphics in 6th grade.

I think Debian is hard to install.  The magazine reviewers all
say Debian is too hard to install, and the lists see a huge
number of people saying it's too hard to install.  Now you have
a user who says it's too hard to install, and you ridicule him.

Maybe it's too hard to install.
--
Codex Gratia Codici.
bill.white@griggsinst.org                 Griggs Research Institute