Re: Keyboard keys, commands, shortcuts, "accelerators"

In article <0B6048DD-8B04-11D7-A429-0003937562B8@where2getit.com>, Paul Baker wrote:

>> And when a consistent keyboard shortcuts scheme will be developed,
>> what about proposing a Debian Policy that all Debian packages must
>> obey these standard?
> Dare I suggest the Aqua Human Interface Guidelines?
> http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Essentials/AquaHIGuidelines/index.html

More specifically (I had to use "search" to find these):

Looks reasonable.

What would be the x86 equivalent of <Command> key?
The funny <ms-win logo key> that is now on all keyboards?

There is also and <Option> key in the Mac.
That might be the <right ms-win key with menu and arrow>?

Wait, the Mac does not have the <Alt> key. Can someone tell me more
about the <Meta> key on some machines? I'm getting confused.

    Miernik         ________________________ jabber:miernik@jabber.gda.pl
__ ICQ: 4004001 ___/__ tel: +48608233394 __/      mailto:miernik@ctnet.pl
Learn about crime done by George W. Bush in Iraq, and related to 9/11