Re: Keyboard keys, commands, shortcuts, "accelerators"

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:48:41PM +0200, Miernik wrote:
> What would be the x86 equivalent of <Command> key?
> The funny <ms-win logo key> that is now on all keyboards?
>
> There is also and <Option> key in the Mac.
> That might be the <right ms-win key with menu and arrow>?
>
> Wait, the Mac does not have the <Alt> key. Can someone tell me more
> about the <Meta> key on some machines? I'm getting confused.

You can't rely upon those logo keys.  Not all keyboards have them (but
one of my keyboards, once a hardware order comes in and I get a chance
to solder together the connections, setup the keymaps, and label some
keycaps, will have an "any" key).

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com