Re: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 11:30:21AM -0500, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:
> Question: wouldn't that also require getting apt, dpkg, etc. from
> woody?  I though pinning wasn't available in potato?

And most woody packages require libc6 2.2, which potato does not have.
Doing apt-get source openssh -b on potato with your deb-src lines set to
woody instead works better, but you have to do it for all te
dependancies too for it to work.  I have done it, and it does work, if
you are patient enough to go through it all.

Len Sorensen