Re: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew

--On 8. June 2002 19:31 +0100 Rob Bradford <rob@debianplanet.org> wrote:

On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 10:43, Otto Wyss wrote:
> As far as that's concerned, you've got the best possible rebuttal right
> over here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2002/debian-devel-announce
-200206/msg00002.html

Fine, I'm going to withdraw the wish when anybody gives a reasonable
estimated date when Woody gets released.

Just chill. Whats with all the rush? Debian is brewed longer for a
stronger, fresher taste. We only release it when its ready.

So pull up a stool and get yourself a beer. Its all free remember =)

Unfortunately this makes it all free of acceptance by the server
guys here, too. They are somewhat willing to replace the scraphat
servers, but want something stable. And they don't want (and cannot)
wait any longer... So I fear that all godd arguments for Debian will
be simple overun by the faster and seemingly more reliable relase cycle
of other distribs. Sight.

Marcel