Re: Footer test 2: Was: Re: UNSIBSCRIBE ME GODDAMMNED !!!!! I"M FED UP WITH IT !!!!

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 04:50:04PM -0500, David L. Zoll wrote:
> Looking over the original email, GPG wasn't an issue, the mail wasn't
> GPG signed.  It was, however, one of those multipart emails with a
> text/plain version and a text/html version, so it still had those mime
> delimiters in it.

> For what it's worth, if someone is interested in recreating the
> problem, I couldn't identify the mail client from the header:

> But, he HTML version had tags like:

> hemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>

> and

> This leads me to suspect that it was a Microsoft Word 2002 document
> sent as email to the list.  Why someone would horribly misuse
> Microsoft tools in this way just to post to a Debian GNU/Linux list is
> beyond me.

Actually, I think that header's added by MSWord when it's used as an
embedded email editor too. So it would probably have been MS Outlook,
or Outlook Express.

But that's only an 'I think' level of confidence. ;-)

*reads email more carefully*

Internet Mail Service is Outlook Express. It used to be called
"Internet Mail" back in the IE 2ish days. I guess the X-Mailer
header stuck. And I'm glad to see if creates multi-part/alternative
emails for HTML. Now if only the list-processor understood such and
was able to add boilerplate/process email commands from either part...

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.