Re: Footer test 1: Was: Re: UNSIBSCRIBE ME GODDAMMNED !!!!! I"M FED UP WITH IT !!!!

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 22:22, Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> > > Mr Powers' email has a cute little "how to unsubscribe" thing tacked on
> > > the end.  Mr Kluit's didn't.  Troll?
> >
> > MR KLUIT's mail did, too. But below the MIME delimiter that tells your
> > user agent that the mail body is finished.
> >
> > Hmmm. NOT. Now *that* is really strange.
>
> This may be a red herring, but it looks to me like unsigned (by GPG)
> messages get the footer attached normally, while signed ones get it
> after the signature (as you'd expect) and it isn't displayed in the mail
> client.

This has nothing to do with gpg - our dear Mr. Kluit (Robin) PLEAES
UNSUBSCRIBE ME did not use gpg. He sent a normal MIME multipart message
with a first body part in text/plain and a second body part in
text/html.

The mailing list software apparently did *not* attach the unsubscribe
footer, which is really strange. I thought, at first, that it was just
the 'the mailing list manager is not MIME aware' problem and Robert
Harris just didn't see it because it was down at the bottom of the raw
mail body, after the MIME encoded parts. BUT Kluits message did not have
the unsubscribe notifier *at all*.

This thread is really silly now... anyway
cheers
-- vbi

--
this email is protected by a digital signature:  http://fortytwo.ch/gpg