Re: led test

So three states... does that make fading up/down out of the question? You
could come up with some interesting visuals if you can fade between your
three colors. Have them all cycle green up/down, amber up/down, red
up/down... all at different rates and intervals. It could be all throbbing...

I mean I guess the way to do a fade would be to flash it at increasing
rates (to fade up) and slow down the flash to fade down...

And there's all kinds of patterns that fit in that size. a horizontal
spiral... a zig-zag

Anyone see the radiohead concerts? They had a cool rig on stage behind
them that did some fun stuff. It was like 12-17 bars arranged like

   --    --    --
--    --    --    --
   --    --    --

And there's all kinds of stuff you can do to make it look like it's
whirling around or rolling up and down. hmmm

. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . .

r r . . g g . . a a . .
. . r r . . g g . . a a

. r r . . g g . . a a .
a . . r r . . g g . . a

. . r r . . g g . . a a
a a . . r r . . g g . .

etc.

Just put on some pink floys or some phish and turn out the lights and
start thinking patterns!

Makes me wish I had one of these boxes! A friend of mine used to have a
cool PPP server that didn't work, but it had all these LEDs that blinked
in fascinating patterns when you put it in diagnostic mode. We just left
it on all the time, by the TV. Heh. It was more interesting to watch,
usually. But I wax nostalgic.