Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:58:16AM -0800, Jay wrote:

> [...]

Oh, that's what he meant...?

Yeah, I figure this counts as 'socializing' if anything does.  Think
about it-- how much good does it do me if I hang out with the kids in
the youth group but don't really talk to them because we have nothing
to talk about?  I know, you all have no control over the situation;
I'm just kinda ranting a little, here.  I already tried giving my
parents my whole 'I socialize more through email than I ever would in
the youth group' argument, but they didn't buy it. :(  They figure
that 'socializing by osmosis' as I call it is better than 'nothing'
(they think email is nothing). *rolls eyes*

Anyway, I'm home on a snow day. :(  College was cancelled, so no
OOP/Python class, no computer club-- in the club we were going to
start on a Beowulf cluster today in the Computer Club; but, I still
have to do high school classes. :( *sigh*  The killer is, the snow was
only ~3 inches deep, and now it's starting to melt-- the roads have
been dry for an hour over here by me.  But, people around here in
nice, warm, sunny North Carolina freak out when they see 1 snowflake,
so...

Hope everyone else is having a better day than me.

--
Vikki Roemer        Homepage: http://www.2khiway.net/users/vroemer
Registered Linux user #2880021   http://counter.li.org/