recycling computing power (was: Re: debian-trivia)

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 01:47, Martin Baehr wrote:
>> You're talking to someone who uses a Celeron 400 as Gateway, Firewall,
>> Samba and mailserver and thinks this is a pityful waste of computing
>> power. The thing is: I haven't got anything which is slower any more =)
> i'd be willing to trade *evilgrin* ;-)

What are you suggesting? I'll take nothing which is faster than 250 MHz
Pay attention to the clean OpenBSD 3.2 install on the gateway (so I
couldn't use the computing power for a long time. The OpenBSD
SETI@home-port had a quite long break in development...

Anyway, I think SETI@home is the best use for such computers. This is
even the peer group for the SETI project =)
=p

CU, Philippe
--
=(pagin@gmx.de)==============================<http://www.seeadler.net/>=
|   "Die kürzeste Verbindung zwischen zwei Menschen ist ein Lächeln"   |