Re: tech-ctte: Call for votes on TC membership of Elana and Sean

Le jeudi, 28 mai 2020, 18.27:24 h CEST Jonathan Carter a écrit :
> Proposed delegation update, I'll go ahead if any one of you provides a
> +1, otherwise, please provide corrections if necessary:
>
> The Technical Committee now consists of:
>
>  * Didier Raboud <odyx> (chairman)
>  * Philip Hands <philh>
>  * Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen>
>  * Margarita Manterola <marga>
>  * David Bremner <bremner>
>  * Niko Tyni <ntyni>
>  * Gunnar Wolf <gwolf>
>  * Simon McVittie <smcv>
>  * Elana Hashman <ehashman>
>  * Sean Whitton <spwhitton>

As far as I'm concerned, I don't consider myself part of the Technical
Committee anymore since January 1. 2020. My term lasted from March 8. 2015 [1]
to December 31. of 2019, as on January 1. 2019, my term was already longer
than 42 months (§ 6.2.7.1).

I believe the same goes for Tollef :-).

Two comments from a now-outsider though:
* since https://www.debian.org/vote/2016/vote_003, the Constitution uses
"chair" instead of "chairman", so I'd encourage communications to stick with
this.
* as
  - a) the appointment of the chair of the Technical Committee is an exclusive
       power of the TC (§6.1.7),
  - b) the TC had voluntarily agreed to follow an automatic re-appointment of
       the chair after membership change [2],
 … I'd leave this information out of the DPL communication, as it could change
right after the nomination

Best regards, and best of luck to the new TC members!

    OdyX

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/03/msg00003.html
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/tech-ctte/-/blob/master/procedures/
appointment_of_the_chair.md