Re: wider availability of pocket-devotee/devotee?

On Thu, 03 Nov 2016, Paul Wise wrote:
> Debian often wants to have informal votes (team meeting dates for eg).
> I was thinking it would be useful to have pocket-devotee/devotee more
> widely available, perhaps by packaging them in the Debian archive.
>
> I wonder about the correct approach here, should pocket-devotee be
> merged back into devotee and then devotee be packaged for Debian?
> Or just merge pocket-devotee into devscripts and leave devotee out?

I basically forked pocket-devotee right out of devotee for CTTE use, but
I'm totally OK with it being shoved into devscripts and sending patches
there to maintain it if that's OK with secretary@.

I don't personally plan on maintaining devotee as a separate package.

[And if there's clamor to call it something other than pocket-devotee,
I'm OK with that too... it was just the first cute name that came to
mind in the 2 seconds I thought about it before copying it into the CTTE
tree.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired
signifies [...] a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those
who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending
money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of
its scientists, the hopes of its children. [...] This is not a way of
life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it
is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. [...] [I]s there no other
way the world may live?
 -- President Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953