Re: Call for Votes for new CTTE Chairman

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 02:21:08PM -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> Simply put, this means that all current members of the TC are
> candidates (except that I'm leaving myself off the ballot for what I
> hope are obvious reasons!), and the voting period is one week or until
> everyone on the TC votes:

> === BEGIN

> The Technical Committee Chairman should be:

>     A: Don Armstrong
>     B: Andreas Barth
>     C: Steve Langasek
>     D: Keith Packard
>     E: Didier Raboud
>     F: Tollef Fog Heen
>     G: Sam Hartman

> == END

I vote A > BDEFG > C

I would note that technically, whether or not you've declared your intention
to step down as TC chair, the constitution says you're still automatically
nominated since you're still a sitting member of the TC.  So if anyone
wanted to vote you as the chair again (or express preference for you being
chair over another person even if not their pick), they should technically
have the option to do so.

I don't think it matters in practice for the outcome, it only occurred to me
because I noticed I did not have the option of ranking you above myself ;-)