Re: Resigning from the TC

On 5 December 2014 at 03:15, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
I confess to having lost track of what effect my resignation would have
on things like the TC term limit GR, especially given Ian's and Russ's
resignations.

​Only effect I can see is that if Lucas's 2-R proposal is the one that's chosen, then whether you resign in 2014 or 2015 will affect whether Steve's term expires on 1/1/2016 or 1/1/2017.​ I don't think that matters much (and if anyone else resigns over the next twelve months, that'd change things too under the 2-R rules).

The other effect possibly worth considering is that if you resign prior to a new member being appointed, then there'll be 5 members on the ctte and the ctte can appoint the next new member without the DPL's approval (6.2.3). If I were you, I'd probably just schedule my resignation for shortly after the 1st new ctte member nomination gets approved by the DPL?

​Cheers,
aj​

--
Anthony Towns <aj@erisian.com.au>