Re: FTP masters willingly blocking OpenStack nova 2013.1 just right before the OpenStack summit

Thomas Goirand writes ("FTP masters willingly blocking OpenStack nova 2013.1 just right before the OpenStack summit"):
> I would like first the new DPL to express his view: is this the role of
> the FTP masters to overrule the technical opinion of a DD? Do they have
> the rights to block a package just on the ground that they only don't
> like how many binary packages it contains? Shouldn't they use, like
> every other DD, the BTS and the project lists to discuss such a
> technical issue?

The ftpmasters are entitled to reject packages for technical reasons.
For example, see the TC decision on ia32-libs-tools:

If you feel you need to escalate such a decision you are indeed
entitled to do so by referring the matter to the TC.

> To the ctte: What would be considered a reasonable delay before
> submitting a bug to the ctte?

The question isn't how long to wait.  You should make a constructive
effort to engage with the ftpmasters' objections, to try to convince
them.  That work wouldn't be wasted even if you don't convince the
ftpmasters, because most of the work is in figuring out what the
issues are and putting your case together.

You should refer to the TC when it becomes clear that neither you nor
the ftpmasters are going to be convinced, or if you feel that the
ftpmasters aren't engaging sufficiently constructively in the
conversation.