Bug#681687: missing mime entry
Josselin Mouette writes ("Bug#681687: missing mime entry"):
> Le jeudi 26 juillet 2012 à 12:50 +0100, Ian Jackson a écrit :
> > 4. We do not disagree with the Release Team's assessment that
> > the failure of the evince package to provide a mime type
> > entry is a release critical bug.
> Before you vote on that: with the maintainer’s hat, I’d appreciate if
> the ruling could also make explicit which MIME types it applies to.
I am content to leave that decision to the release team. I'm happy to
So I hereby propose the following TC resolution (and withdraw my
1. The Technical Committee agrees with Neil McGovern's analysis of
the situation regarding evince's missing mime type entry.
2. If changes are desirable to our system for dealing with mime
type entries and desktop files, including changes to policy or
additional automation, these should be made via the usual
development and policy amendment processes.
3. We agree with the Release Team that it is now too late to deploy
such automation in wheezy.
4. We do not disagree with the Release Team's assessment that
the failure of the evince package to provide a mime type
entry is a release critical bug.
5. We therefore decline to overrule the Release Team. The bug
remains RC against evince.
6. The release team should clarify which mime types the RC-bugginess
applies to. We recommend that the starting point should be those
mime types advertised by evince via the mime system in squeeze.