Bug#681687: missing mime entry
I hereby propose the following TC resolution (and withdraw my previous
1. The Technical Committee agrees with Neil McGovern's analysis of
the situation regarding evince's missing mime type entry.
2. If changes are desirable to our system for dealing with mime
type entries and desktop files, including changes to policy or
additional automation, these should be made via the usual
development and policy amendment processes.
3. We agree with the Release Team that it is now too late to deploy
such automation in wheezy.
4. We do not disagree with the Release Team's assessment that
the failure of the evince package to provide a mime type
entry is a release critical bug.
5. We therefore decline to overrule the Release Team. The bug
remains RC against evince.