[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Bug#682010: re celt and mumble referred to the TC

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 04:09:43PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Ron writes ("Re: Bug#682010: re celt and mumble referred to the TC"):
> > What's left to stop us from moving forward with this again now?
> Also, please stop trying to bounce us into a decision and other people
> into action.

The only people who need to take action here are Thorvald and myself.
And we agree on and know what needs to be done.

Which "other people" are you talking about?

>  The reason I am insisting on delay is because we (the
> TC) want to be sure, before we see people act, that those actions do
> not make matters worse.
> Just for the avoidance of doubt I would also appreciate it if no-one
> would make any uploads of the relevant packages to sid.
> In the meantime if we (TC members) don't precisely understand
> everything, or sometimes misunderstand your messages, I'm afraid we
> will have to ask you to bear with us.

I'm well into the second day of 'donating' company time to help you
understand here.

If there are things that you don't understand, please phrase them
as clear questions that can be answered.  That's all I asked.

Without that, I don't really know what we are 'discussing' still,
and you still didn't answer my question about what it is that you
don't understand.

> While we are tasked with making decisions in disputed situations, we
> are not experts in this (or many other) areas.  So it's going to take
> a bit of time.

The 'situation' is no longer disputed afaics.  Everyone except you has
agreed on the best way forward.

I'm serious about it being frustrating that you have taken it upon
yourself to prolong this 'dispute', when everyone else now agrees.

That doesn't seem like the role of an 'arbitrator' to me ...

If you find that rude, then I'm sorry for you.  I find wasting my
time rude too - so please, if there is a chase still to be cut to,
let's cut to it.  The package in testing remains broken for every
extra day we delay this, and there is nothing here that cannot
still be fixed later if we spot a problem in the proposed solution,
or a new problem arises, or a better solution is devised.


Reply to: