[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#587886: future of maintaining of the bootloader LILO


in the last weeks nothing going on with the package Lilo. Now there is a
new RC bug and Squeeze is already frozen. So I have decided to orphan this
package and give other people the chance to overtake the maintaining of
lilo to bring it in a good shape before Squeeze will be stable:


I feel that the time "run away" for Lilo to come in a state to be usable
before Squeeze is new stable. Then I have created an updated package of
Lilo with patches for the RC bug and a few other bugs. 

But now I understand it was premature to orphan Lilo. I have thought the
decision of TC is set by one member. But now it seems to me that the TC
must decide together as team and this can take a longer time.

So I will offer to revert my act of orphaning and wait until the TC have

Excuse me for this rash step. 

Have a nice day,

Joachim (Germany)

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply to: