Bug#587886: future of maintaining of the bootloader LILO
On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 21:55:50 -0400 (EDT), Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
> in the last weeks nothing going on with the package Lilo. Now there is a
> new RC bug and Squeeze is already frozen. So I have decided to orphan this
> package and give other people the chance to overtake the maintaining of
> lilo to bring it in a good shape before Squeeze will be stable:
That is premature. Please don't do that. RC bugs can still be fixed
after a freeze. If the RC bug still exists at the time of release,
the package will be removed from Squeeze. But an RC bug at the time
of freeze is not a fatal problem.
> But now I understand it was premature to orphan Lilo. I have thought the
> decision of TC is set by one member. But now it seems to me that the TC
> must decide together as team and this can take a longer time.
> So I will offer to revert my act of orphaning and wait until the TC have
Yes, please do. I would hate to see all your hard work go to waste.
I am willing to help, but I don't think I'm quite ready to be a DM yet,
especially for a package which requires knowledge of x86 assembly language.
.''`. Stephen Powell
: :' :