Re: Call for Votes (Re: mixmaster /etc/default/*)

* Ian Jackson (ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk) [071202 23:14]:
>  -8<-
>
>  (1) The REMAIL option should not be supplanted or supplemented by
>      anything in an /etc/default file.  The current behaviour of the
>      mixmaster init script, to examine /etc/mixmaster/remailer.conf's
>      REMAIL option, is correct.
>
>  (2) Policy is clear and correct, and need not be changed.
>
>  -8<-
>
>   [1] Choice K: Keep current behaviour and existing policy, as above.
>   [2] Choice F: Further discussion

I agree to the rational provided by Ian.

I assume the voting means "we are not overriding the maintainer", i.e.
this vote doesn't restrict the right of the maintainer to adjust the
behaviour as he considers appropriate.

Cheers,
Andi
--