Re: getaddrinfo() behaviour

* Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) [071001 03:46]:
> One of the rules for RCness is "in the package maintainer's opinion,
> makes the package unsuitable for release". Not quite the same, but
> not very different is "in the technical committee's opinion, makes the
> package unsuitable for release" -- is that what we think of this issue?

I don't see which advantage we will get from introducing the concept "RC
ness" into this decision. AFAICS, we can perfectly well make a decision
only about the topic in question.

> If it isn't, I'm not seeing why we need to overrule the maintainer instead
> of waiting for an updated RFC to be issued with better guidelines that can
> be adopted by upstream, and implemented in Debian with the maintainers'
> consent. If we don't want to wait so long, afaics we should help get an
> updated RFC out.

If the decision is right, why should we wait for a new document?
Especially as the current document isn't a standard either, but the old
behaviour is.

Cheers,
Andi
--