Re: getaddrinfo: DNS round robin vs RFC3484 s6 rule 9, for etch

* Ian Jackson (ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk) [070928 17:57]:
> What are the views of the ftpmasters and stable RMs ?  What
> verification/testing/etc. do the stable RMs feel might be
> appropriate ?

Speaking with my SRM hat on, we usually prefer that the patch exists,
has been uploaded to unstable for some time, migrated to testing and
showed no significant problems. (This is a general remark, not something
tailored to this case.)

I also don't seen an issue to discuss etch after the decision has been
done for unstable and uploaded.

Cheers,
Andi
--