Re: bug 402772: downgrade mplayer bug 395252 (for including mplayer in etch)

Anthony Towns ha scritto:
 > Uploading dynamically linked ffmpeg/mplayer packages to experimental for
> inclusion in unstable in the near future seems like a sensible thing to
> do too.

I actually tried to do that.

Even though I did not think 395252 should be a RC bug, nonetheless I
tried to address it from the very beginning; so I contacted Sam Hocevar
(mantainer of ffmpeg) in Oct; but he was too busy.

Since time was running, in mid Nov I packaged a new version of ffmpeg
0.svn6767 ; I then built a version of mplayer 1.0~rc1-5 that is
dynamically linked to that; moreover I have built a version of libxine
using the above ffmpeg. I installed all my creatures, and tried
totem-xine and mplayer on a few files, and they seemed to work.

In 27 Nov , in message
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=395252;msg=152
I announced this and asked to Sam  some help, and/or permission to
upload my stuff in experimental; I never received reply. So I never
uploaded them into experimental.

a.