Re: bug 402772: downgrade mplayer bug 395252 (for including mplayer in etch)

* Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) [061213 01:58]:
>         At this point, my inclination would be to defer to the
>  judgement of the release team as to whether or not this bug is deemed
>  RC; especially since this is about a package that has never been in
>  a release, and non-inclusion is not a regression.

Actually, I think we should refuse dealing with the issue now, because
according to Don (wearing owner@bugs hat) the decision whether a bug is
RC or not is done by the release team, not the maintainer - and the
release team is just about to make a (first) decision.

So, I don't think it is appropriate to call the tech ctte now (except if
the claim would be that the release team refuses to make a decision).

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/