Re: Renewed appeal to the technical committee about the FransAndCo.Vs.Sven dispute

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:14:41 +0100, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:

> On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 11:08:28AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> Sven Luther writes ("Renewed appeal to the technical committee
>> about the FransAndCo.Vs.Sven dispute"):
>> > In order to keep the objectivity and fairness of the technical
>> > comittee ruling, all those technical comittee members who have a
>> > vested interest in one side of this matter, and as thus are not
>> > able for whatever reason to make an objective and fair decision,
>> > should abstain from participating in this issue.
>>
>> Which TC members do you think have a `vested interest' ?

> Is Joey Hess not a Technical comittee member ? I don't think Frans
> Pop is though, nor someone else of the d-i team. Ah, i must be
> wrong, it seems that Joey Hess is not listed as tech ctte member.

        I would like to point out a commonality I have seen about your
 accusations: lack of preparation; it is easy enough to see who
 comprises the ctte, and yet, you fire off the accusations first,
 without being certain if joeuh and frans are members or not.

        This tendency to assume the worst of people and teams before
 doing even rudimentary homework does no credit to your case.

> Of the other members, believe both Steve Langasek, and Anthony Towns
> have showed clear uncomprehension and one-sidedness about this
> issue, and i am not sure they will be able to pass an objective
> judgement over this. Manoj Srivastava also has been strongly
> aggressive against me about the non-free firmware vote, which he
> manipulated in favour of his own position, maybe unconciously.

        Yet another accusation of misconduct with no proof whatsoever,
 apart from a conclusion you seem to have jumped to. I can also see
 how this is not condusive to being a member of a team.

> If these three can take an objective view of these issues, fine, but
> i would be strongly suspicious of their own emotival satbility on
> this issue, and thus their ability to come to the fair judgement
> that is needed in this case.

        Accusing the members of the ctte of potential mental
 instability well in advance of any evidence of such is also strong
 evidence of a mind set that would find it hard to fit into a team.
 Based merely on your emails, your case, in my eyes, becomes weaker.

        manoj
--
Less is more or less more Y_Plentyn on #LinuxGER