Re: Chair rotation

don@debian.org (Don Armstrong) writes:

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> Andreas Barth writes ("Re: Chair rotation"):
>> > Well, I think having more often the chair being moved than never is
>> > still a good idea, but each month was perhaps a bit too often. How about
>> > trying to set down the rotation level to something like once per year?
>>
>> Why don't we make a new post of chaser-in-chief or some such which
>> rotates according to a predefined timetable, and just means that
>> that person is in charge of making sure all the emails get answered,
>> etc. etc. ?
>
> Or just have the chair assign someone to each issue; assignment set by
> setting them as the bug owner so everyone else knows who is (supposed
> to be) responsible.

That is a really good idea, Don.  Thanks!

If the rest of the committee agrees, then I propose we try this.  I'm willing
to retain the position of chair and wrangle the assignments for a while if
that suits everyone?  If not, we can elect a new chair from among us.  Either
way, I like the idea of an assigned ctte member shepherding each open issue
and think we should try it.

> But whatever you all decide to do, it would be nice to at least get
> some idea of what the outstanding issues are and if theres anything
> that those not in the committe should do to supply you with the
> information needed.

There are 6 open bugs against pseudo-package tech-ctte in the BTS right now.

Is anyone partial to taking responsibility for any of these, or should I
semi-randomly assign one of us to each open bug to review the current situation
and proposal suitable action for us to take?

Bdale