status of technical committee chair vote

Recapping the status to date; it'd be nice to get this wrapped up so we can
move on to issues of substance.

Ian has, as I understand it, stepped down as chair per his message at
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00038.html>.  Since he also
did not vote in favor of Anthony's proposed rotation schedule until Feb
17[1], I believe this means that the voting period for a new Committee
Chairman under §6.1.7 of the constitution begins effective this same date,
i.e., the point at which the post has become vacant.

Some committee members sent their votes in early in anticipation, but I
believe they should be counted nonetheless. :)

Anthony: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00033.html
Raul: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00034.html
Steve: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00035.html
Ian(?): http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00036.html

Unfortunately, the constitution does *not* say that ctte chair votes end
when the outcome is no longer in doubt; it requires that the vote continue
until "all the members have voted, or when the voting period has ended."
Even worse, the voting period for Committee Chair elections is *not*
specified in the constitution: the constitution specifies one voting period
for General Resolutions (two weeks), another voting period for drafts and
resolutions of the Technical Committee (one week), a third for DPL elections
(three weeks), and says nothing at all on the subject of voting periods for
Committee Chair.

So while we might infer that the voting period is intended to be the same as
for other activities of the technical committee, even in this case we are
without a chair until the one-week voting period ends on Feb. 24.

Are there any objections to the correctness of this summary?

Bdale, Manoj, Andi, could you please send in your votes for committee chair
so we can close this out?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00036.html